I have to agree with Flameeyes(diego) on this one. If the switch needs to be
made, no matter what is done. There will be one package that will slip through
and need to be patched. Would be better to get them as we know about them/have
users reporting them. I can think of one or two that should be fairly easy to
patch right now.

I'll take a look at them to see if i can manage to figure out the code enough to
supply the patch upstream. Course in the mean time we'll have to apply it
outselves.

I think this relies a lot on what the media-herd feels. It'll add a lot to their
plate. If they feel they can handle it then I don't see why we can't start to
make the change over. Just do it in stages.