Kormos Matej wrote:
Hello!
I am beginner with Gentoo and absolute rookie about writing drivers, but I
am trying to write one.
I hope I have choose the right mailing list for my questions :-)

You should try the kernel-newbies mailing list, or the linux kernel mailing
list.

I have encountered following error:
I have a simple char driver. Everything is working like should be, I can
compile functional driver, which after inserting into system appears in the
sys file system.
But when I add this lines in order to create my own attribute in directory
of my module:

#include <linux/sysfs.h>
#include <linux/kobject.h>

sysfs_create_file(&device->cdev.kobj,&pid_sfs);

I can not insert module. Kernel says something like this:
Error inserting module -1: unknown symbol sysfs_create_file

sysfs_create_file is only available to GPL modules. Is yours MODULE_LICENSE("GPL")?

Daniel