On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 12:46:36AM -0400, Dave Nebinger wrote:

> Hey, folks.
>
> I'm trying to write an ebuild, not my first, but definitely something
> that is relatively new to me.
>
> Anyways, I've got the following URL that pulls down the source package:
>
>   http://www.fpdf.org/en/dl.php?v=153?f=tgz
>
> The file that gets downloaded is fpdf153.tgz.
>
> Well, that messed up dl.php?... stuff results in the file
> /usr/portage/distfiles/dl.php?v=153?f=tgz rather than the fpdf153.tgz
> that I need it to be called.
>
> So how do I 'trick' portage into downloading the file from the given
> link to the fpdf153.tgz file I want to have?
You don't.  It would require addition of ${FILE} to the
(FETCH|RESUME)COMMAND vars.

> Or am I stuck with the fetch restriction and have the end-user download
> the file manually?
Note in the bug that you submit this ebuild in, that the file needs to
be downloaded and uploaded by a dev (with the SRC_URI changed over to
mirror://gentoo/fpdf153.tgz).  Please don't attach the src for the
pkg, just tag the url for it into the bug :)

It sucks, but it's the usual way of dealing with screwy upstream urls.
~harring