On Friday 14 October 2005 00:33, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> I already tried preparing a list, but right now, they are probably limited
> to tar and mpg123/mpg321 ... sort of.

Add sys-apps/star to your list.

> * don't install the symlink in src_install
> * in pkg_postinst, look at ${ROOT}/bin/tar.. if it does exists, and it
> points on something existing, don't touch it, otherwise, make it a link to
> the current tar
> * in pkg_postrm, if ${ROOT}/bin/tar points to something non existant,
> remove it

The only problem I see with this are concurrent emerge processes (not
supported now, but hopefully in a future Portage version). Apart from that it
is a bit ugly to have this code in every affected ebuild, so maybe using a
CHECK_SYMLINK="${ROOT}/bin/tar" variable and having the rest of the code in
an eclass would be a good idea.

Carsten