On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 15:06 +0800, Shuduo Sang wrote:
> I want to know is there any way to install a gentoo to an embedded system?
> For example, ipaq. Because those samll devices do not have enough effort to
> build a system from stage1.  But it still need a portage-like way to upgrade
> packages.

Considering there is a "Gentoo Embedded" project that has been releasing
stages, I would say yes.  In fact, they have stages for several
architectures available.  Check out /experimental/$arch/embedded/stages
on a local mirror that mirrors /experimental.

One thing to remember is that these stages are complete stage3, just
using uclibc, so there may still be packages that you do not require for
your end system.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead