okay, this came up in a discussion today, and I figured it was time to
mention something about it here:

If your package, libFoo,  installs .h files that directly require header
files from libBar, then you have a Runtime dependency on libBar, not
only a compile time dependency

Why?   Because libFoo should be usable at runtime, even for compiling
things not managed by our tree. And if   BazPack has a configure check,
requires explicitly  libFoo,  tests for the presence of said header, and
all checks out.. Then BazPack should be able to work,  and libFoo's
header certainly shouldn't be broken for use in compile.

Runtime isn't only executables.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature