On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:12:28 +0000 Stuart Herbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| Should the GLEP explain how Portage will know how many unread news
| items there are in /var/lib/gentoo/news?  I couldn't spot where this
| is covered in the text, or in the example code.

Well, I was going to go with the plain but simple "once you've read it,
delete it" approach, but some people didn't like that. Next draft will
propose being able to append .read to a filename to mark it read
without deleting it. Either way, it's just a case of looking
for ????-??-??-*.??.txt, chopping off the .??.txt, removing duplicates
and counting.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Look! Shiny things!)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm