Yeah, I think a sub-domain may not be a good solution but unfortunately it is the best at present. The site is a good idea but nothing stops it from abuse. The suggestion that people are ATs for a short time before becoming full devs anyway is another reason for them to be give @g.o addresses. Leave adminstration to the least and give the specific volunteers with jobs addresses.

If the need is to seperate the people with responsibility from those without then there is no real solution but to give them either sub domains or leave them outside the gentoo fold.

I think the website is a good idea but it would eventually mean that the ATs would get the job of testing the packages that the users say are ok so that the devs can concentrate on bugs

On 11/19/05, Corey Shields <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Friday 18 November 2005 07:01 pm, George Prowse wrote:
> As these would be @gentoo.org <http://gentoo.org> people they would be easier for devrel to tackle. Making them closer under the gentoo wing justmakes them easier to dicipline.

No, you misunderstood...  In the theoretical site I was describing, they would
be users..  not @gentoo.org ppl.

-C

--
Corey Shields