On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:33:34 +0100
Marc Hildebrand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Marius Mauch wrote:
> [..]
> > So much for background information, now to the actual question:
> > Would you rather have now the ability to create multi-hash digests
> > and Manifests with the result of a short and mid-term larger
> > portage tree (in the long term the format will be phased out
> > hopefully) or rather wait for Manifest2 support (which will
> > definitely include multi hash support)?
>
> I'd rather wait for Manifest2 support.
> What is the ETA for the GLEP and the implementation after i?

GLEP I still have to start writing (mostly a reformatting of a mail I
sent a long time ago), there is already a prototype implementation
(doesn't cover everything yet but works generally), target is
for when current trunk will be released (still have to settle on a
version for it), which should hopefully be after 2.0.54 gets out
(which should be in the next few weeks). At a guess I'd say 4 months
till stable (but really, that's just a guess, see the 2.1 fiasko).

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.