On 25-11-2005 12:14:53 +0000, kang wrote:
> Curtis Napier wrote:
>
> > gentoo.org and all domains owned by the Gentoo Foundation should
> > render correctly in all browsers that are still in general use. IE5 on
> > the mac is still a valid browser and will be supported as much as
> > possible.
> >
> IE5 for mac contains unfixed security issues which won't be fixed (as
> announced by MS), how is that considered  supported ? Is it even still
> distributed within MacOSX Tiger ?

IE5:mac is a dead end, IMHO.  It isn't shipped with Tiger any more, and
Safari has taken it's place.  This already was the case for Panther as
far as I know (but Panther does ship IE I think).  Since Jaguar and
before are really ancient I think it's not unreasonable to let IE5:mac
have a very low priority in your renderings issue fixing list.  IE5:mac
has always had it's own quirks, but again, it's unsupported and not
maintained anymore.

Camino, Safari and Firefox cover its place quite well on the Mac.

Talking about Camino (which is a native Cocoa/Aqua skin for Firefox more
or less), the site looks fine, only the recent changes in the font
affect it negatively to me.  The fonts are small in the tabs-bar
and shortcut menus (Documentation, Resources and Community).  The text
now looks vertically misaligned to me in the tabs-bar and footer, in
comparison how it was before the font size change.

I could live with it.  Here are some screenies of the font-sizes:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~grobian/Afbeelding%204.png
http://dev.gentoo.org/~grobian/Afbeelding%206.png

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead