On Monday 28 November 2005 00:05, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> 3) FEATURES="noman" is dropped in favour of USE="man" or USE="manpages"
>
> In light of the above requirements and the fact that dyn_* will likely be
> moved into the tree down the track, #3 seems to be the best in my mind.
> Similarly, it would solve the previously discussed problems related to
> FEATURES="test".

I'd be very interested in people's thoughts on this. The more I think about
it, the more I think it's the most appropriate solution. Nothing in
FEATURES="noman nodoc noinfo test" affects portage whatsoever other than
"noinfo" which (only recently) prevents emerge from regenerating info
indexes. That one could be handled by a hook (although not yet available) and
the rest could easily be switched to USE flags.

Anybody see any flaws? Anybody want (shudders) a GLEP?

--
Jason Stubbs