On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 03:03 +0100, Matthias Langer wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 01:30 +0100, Marien Zwart wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:50:02 -0500
> > Mark Loeser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Yea, I updated my statement on the bug to reflect this.  C++ stuff should
> > > be
> > > the only thing affected, so this _should_ be enough.  Its also already
> > > something that's been in the ebuild for a while now.
> >
> > Not sure if everyone is aware of this, but most installed pythons link
> > to libstdc++.so. This is not a problem if you run the above
> > revdep-rebuild (it should catch it just fine). It is a problem if you
> > get rid of gcc 3.3 before installing libstdc++-v3 or running the
> > revdep-rebuild, as it will leave you with a broken python and therefore
> > unable to emerge.
>
> How right you are; that just happend to me two days ago after removing
> gcc-3.3.6 before emerge -e system on x86. Luckily it was a fresh
> install ...

But besides of this fact, which was my very own fault, i'm very happy
with gcc-3.4. I thought, that maybe some c++ packages would fail to
compile, as I'm a c++ devel myself and know that there are differneces
in the c++ code that gcc-3.3.x and gcc-3.4.x are accepting. However, I'm
running gcc-3.4 now on 2 of 3 gentoo boxes i'm mentaining and are very
pleased with the results.

matthias