Ciaran McCreesh posted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, excerpted
below,  on Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:19:08 +0000:

> Does anyone really use emerge --ask?

Oh, /my/ yes!

The following should speak for itself.  (I have a similar set of ep*
commands, those in /usr/local/bin, so I can --pretend as my normal user.
Yes, I do have autocompletion setup for them all, too, tho it was
basically a matter of ensuring the gentoo autocompletion ran first, then
using the same autocomplete functions emerge did, since these are almost
all just special cases of the emerge command.)

 ~#cd /usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/sbin#for eascript in ea* ;do echo $eascript;cat $eascript;done
ea
#!/bin/bash
exec emerge -av --oneshot $*

ea2