Peter wrote:
> To Gentoo nVidia users:
>
> We are in the process of developing and testing
> a unified nVidia driver ebuild. When implemented,
> it will replace the nvidia-kernel, nvidia-glx, and
> nvidia-settings ebuilds. It will also add the utility
> nvidia-xconfig.

Well I just wanted to say thanks for doing this.  It doesn't make sense to have
two different ebuilds (kernel & glx) for one package.  kernel & glx are
essentially tied together by version anyways.  nvidia-settings might be
arguable, as it's not too very small (~1MiB) and not necessary for basic usage
of the driver.

>From a new-driver-version perspective it makes sense, if not from the
new-kernel-version perspective.  But really, you're talking about a few extra
seconds to merge the glx portion (which doesn't need compiling), and it saves
you from unpacking the ~11MiB driver file twice.

--de.