On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 14:13 +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> i dont really see this being an issue ... i dont think anyone really
> has 'xml -xml2' or '-xml xml2' ... much more likely they have 'xml
> xml2' or '-xml -xml2'
> -mike

And what about PHP users, who will see their SAX parsers disappear,
because they need to change USE=xml to USE=expat, and no-one's told them
about it? :)

I feel really bad that you're going off and making this change during
the holiday season, when IT departments are going to be understaffed at
best.  If a security-related release of affected packages had to happen,
your un-announced change could end up breaking production boxes.

I'm also feeling really bad that no-one seems to think it's important to
tell our users that we're making this change before the change is made.
At least one week's notice in the usual places would be better than
nothing.

Best regards,
Stu
--
Stuart Herbert                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gentoo Developer                                  http://www.gentoo.org/

GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319  C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C