On Thursday 05 January 2006 17:20, Patrick Lauer wrote:

> But it's already getting too bureaucratic ;-)
> It's getting more and more difficult to get things done, more and more
> people / groups / herds to wait on to decide "obvious" things.

They shouldn't. If there is anything I learned is that a mailing list
never comes to a "decision". At some point the principal stakeholder (the
person waiting for the decision) must make a conclusion, and get to work.
It works. The support was there, people will follow, end else there is
repoman to force them to ;-).

> For example - our baselayout supports UML and vServer (almost fully)
> native. Most of you won't see that, but to those that do it's something
> that's really nice.

One of the reasons that gentoo is still my favourite distro.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze
Gentoo Developer