On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:12:27 -0600 Lance Albertson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Last I knew, its not a simple task for generating those nice looking
| html pages that ciaranm made a while back for the developer docs.
| When I asked him about (he can probably provide more detail), It took
| a lot of processing time and wasn't that scalable. Now, I'm not sure
| if anything has changed since then.

If you're using docutils, then yes, it's reaallly slow. I've got a
(very fast) parser that handles a decent subset of the RST spec
written, but getting it converted to be usable in a general kind of way
isn't too high up my list of priorities...

The thing is... If you're trying to do RST -> GuideXML, you'll run into
all kinds of weirdness because of the GuideXML heading structure.
You'll also run into a load more weirdness because about half of the
GLEPs currently massively abuse blockquotes (in all but one case
accidentally).

See, this is a list in RST:

* one
* two

And this is a list inside a blockquote:

  * one
  * two

Very easy to screw up, especially since docutils goes to great lengths
to create output even if the input is highly weird. My own parser moans
on anything like that -- it disallows most nested structure markup --
which means it's useless on most GLEPs unless someone goes through and
does some serious whitespace cleanups...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (King of all Londinium)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm