Mike Frysinger wrote:
> as one of the new sane features of the next portage-2.1_pre release, we're
> looking to cut out use.defaults support
>
> existing stable users wont be affected as the 2.0.x versions will continue to
> carry support for this, but some of you stable users may notice some USE
> flags suddenly "disappearing"
>
> to recap, use.defaults inserts USE flags for you based upon what packages you
> have installed when you havent declared a preference.  for example, if you
> have neither '-cups' or 'cups' in your USE (either in your make.conf,
> profile, env, whatever), but you do have the net-print/cups package
> installed, portage will add 'cups' to your USE

Can I just ask, since when is this "feature" on? I have never run into it...

Or is it because I always had:
        USE="-* ${MY_USE}"
in /etc/make.conf?
Is "-*" counted as preference? I thought that is ignoring just the ones in
the profile ("just" is plain wrong, as I didn't even feel there were other
useflags :-)

Kalin

--
+-> http://ThinRope.net/ <-+