On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 06:57 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> as one of the new sane features of the next portage-2.1_pre release, we're
> looking to cut out use.defaults support

I see this as a good and bad thing. Good in one hand that less autojunk
would be enabled like python/perl bindings not being added to every
program on your system that supports it. Bad in the other hand I see
the state of profiles getting worse=more bloated. The autouse itself is
not a bad feature or idea if it were used properly. Problem is that
it's not been used properly. If it were limited to simple things like
just X and the things that actually make sense then it would even be
fine to keep and would allow some of the more bloated (default-linux)
profiles to be cleaned up. Shrug. I like the existing behavior and the
power of deciding for myself when and where I want to take advantage of
USE_ORDER=

--
solar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Linux