Mark Loeser <halcy0n <at> gentoo.org> writes:

> Donnie Berkholz <spyderous <at> gentoo.org> said:
> > Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > > The patch now has the debugging output and x11-base/xorg-x11 check
> > > removed.
> >
> > Excellent. Works perfectly. Since we're failing on them, perhaps we can
> > say "obsolete" instead of "deprecated"?
>
> Can we put this back to being a warning?  It makes things a pain for arch
> teams that are trying to mark a completely unrelated version of the package.
>
> Thanks,

I will have to agree that this change has made it a pain to mark anything
stable. I had 4 out of the 6 I did today bail out because of this. I took the
simple easy fix and removed the check to stabalize the packages I needed to. I
know we have people who want modular X yesterday, but causing trouble for dev's
going about business that doesn't involve the modular problems directly is only
going to cause resentment and frustration to all the teams involved.