On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:22:05 -0500 Mike Frysinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| On Sunday 05 February 2006 17:11, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| > Another not-so-uncommon issue that crops up: packages DEPENDing upon
| > themselves. Sometimes this is legit -- one of the Ada compilers, for
| > example, DEPENDs upon || ( itself another-compiler ). Sometimes,
| > however, it's the result of eclass screwups.
|
| your script doesnt take into consideration SLOT's ... the
| linux-gazette and gcc stuff in your log for example is a false
| positive

Yup. Easier to just leave them in and filter them manually, since
in general it's impossible for a computer to decide whether some of the
weird cases are correct or not. I'm not filing bugs without checking
manually first, and I'd certainly hope that no-one else will either.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (King of all Londinium)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm