Jason Stubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> On Thursday 09 February 2006 09:30, Mark Loeser wrote:
> > Jason Stubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> > > It was my understanding that it is needed for the 3.3 -> 3.4 upgrade.
> > > Various packages that will build fine against either are broken until
> > > being recompiled after the upgrade and there is currently no way to
> > > express this with dependencies.
> >
> > You need either gcc-3.3 or libstdc++-v3.  I don't see forcing either upon
> > our
> > users to be a good thing.  The upgrade doc covers how to do the 3.3->3.4
> > upgrade, and I think most archs are on 3.4 at this point.
>
> Ok. If the there's an upgrade doc and 3.4 postinst points to it, no problem.
> I take it the dependencies you're asking about is for binary-only (or other?)
> packages that specifically depend on 3.3 then?

Nothing should explicitly depend on gcc-3.3 to compile.  If that is the
case, let me know and I'll try and patch the package.  I am specifically
asking for binary only packages that require libstdc++-v3 to depend on the
virtual/libstdc++-3.3.

The doc is in the gcc-3.4 postinst:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml

--
Mark Loeser   -   Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
email         -   halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org