On Friday 10 February 2006 01:20, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> Mmm. Do you consider the cost of slightly simplified wording in the
> GLEP now to be worth extra effort that may be required in the future by
> some especially whacked out port? I'd prefer to see at least a note in
> the GLEP stating that three part keywords are legal if they ever become
> necessary.
What do  you think about something like this?

"Although the use of 2-parts keywords is suggested, the use of extended
keywords with 3 or more parts is not denied. In case of an inevitable need
for 3 or more parts keywords, those keywords can still be used.

> Yeah, *I* know how they work. I suspect that many people reading the
> GLEP, however, are going to go "Huh? Why do we need this lot at all?".
Valid point, will check to put that in the GLEP.

> Then your example code is wrong :)
That's vapier's example code actually, and no it's not wrong.
Last entry, for the same variable, rules. Of course, variables merges
together.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE