Grobian posted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, excerpted below,  on
Thu, 09 Feb 2006 22:48:32 +0100:

> .. [3] For the purpose of readability, we will refer to 1, 2 and
>    4-tuples, even though tuple in itself suggest a field consisting of
>    two values.  For clarity: a 1-tuple describes a single value field,
>    while a 4-tuple decribes a field consisting out of four values.

OK, despite the given reasoning, I found this distracting.  Perhaps this
is one of Ciaran's English readability suggestions, but is there a reason
not to s/segment/tuple/g ?  That seems to me more accurate, "segment" is
more accessible English to non-programmers than "tuple", and it should
cure the distraction problem I experienced. Of course, it could be just me...

If the current usage, and thus the footnote, is retained, there's a typo
in the last line quoted. s/decribes/describes/ (which I only caught when
the spellchecker hilighted it in the quote as I replied).