For your intresst. Last week i bought a new toy.
One of those shiny new Intel iMac's. I search the
net if someone is trying to get linux on it. I saw
only most people only wanna tu run windows on it *gah*.
So i started a little research. At the moment i have
Gentoo Linux running on it on an external USB hdd.

Wouldn't it be a nice storry for the Gentoo newssite ?

Look here for a first snapshoot and some infos.
http://xbox-linux.org/mactel/index.php/Main_Page

I plan to releas patches and an howtoo soon.
Things need some polish.
At the Moment only some things are tested. For
the video i use a patched vesafb driver. The kernel
2.6.16-rc3 seems to have some acpi problems on it.

cu

gimli