No dev but +1 from me.
I liked slotted mysql a lot and use it extensively.

It has helped us tremendously during our upgrade path and I would be very sad to see it go.

Public opinion is just that, public opinion, doesn't neccesarily mean something went wrong.

FWIW, I'd like to keep the slotted mysql ebuilds. If they are removed from the tree I'll re-add them to our local frozen tree for our company.

We're not a hosting company BTW, we just run lots of mysql daemons ;-)

Ramon

--
To be stupid and selfish and to have good health are the three requirements for
happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, the others are useless.

Gustave Flaubert