Hello all,

The gnome2 eclass has one important change that may affect other ebuilds
in the tree.

We are defaulting to make DESTDIR=${D} install instead of using einstall.
This probably should have been switched a long time ago, but better late
than never.
Almost all the ebuilds use DESTDIR by default now anyways ( by setting
USE_DESTDIR ).

We are aware of a few packages that will need to be updated in order to
prevent access violations.

You will be able to revert to the old behavior by setting USE_EINSTALL in
your ebuild.

The change will take place between March 15th and March 17th. ( When GNOME
2.14 is put into package.mask )

If you know of any packages that may have issues, please file a blocker
against #119872.

Thanks,
-John (AllanonJL)