Chris Gianelloni posted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
excerpted below,  on Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:00:15 -0500:

> I made a fork of hwdata for Gentoo's needs on the LiveCD and it is
> hwdata-gentoo (to match hwdata-knoppix and hwdata-morphix for their
> respective distributions).  I think it makes more sense to keep the
> original package name first as it shows that it is a fork of that
> package.

Agreed if keeping the old name with a gentoo prefix/suffix is chosen.
However, nearly all Gentoo system tools are e<whatever> (not only portage
related either, as there's eselect), so I'd suggest eresolv.

Even if resolvconf-gentoo is chosen, I'd definitely recommend an eresolv
symlink, simply because doing so will allow it to be listed with
e<tab><tab>, if one forgets the name.

I recall back on Mandrake, reading the cooker discussion on their regret
at the naming convention they had chosen, <whatever>drake, for that very
system tools.  Gentoo has it right with the e* precedent.  I believe we
should continue to follow it.