Fernando J. Pereda wrote:  [Sat Mar 25 2006, 06:18:52PM EST]
> Well, I find it easier to understand than many other DVCSs out there...
> In fact I don't think it is difficult to use in any way. Maybe pre-1.1
> versions had some syntax weirdnesses, but the 1.2 series are really easy
> to use and understand...

That is good to hear.  It's possible that my comments were misplaced,
and it would be worth my while to reinvestigate git.  Personally I use
mercurial daily (xen) and I've been very happy with it.

I'm under the impression that mercurial is easier to use than git,
mostly because of git's philosophy of providing the low-level
infrastructure and expecting other projects to build user-friendly
interfaces.  While that split sounds good in theory, it seems to
result in one interface that's powerful+complex, and other interfaces
that are weak+easy.  Again, that's an impression, not recent personal
experience.

> > *shrug*  All possible with the other DVCSs, generally easier to
> > use, and harder to screw up your repo.
>
> How would you screw your repo using normal Git commands ?

I shouldn't have made that statement since I haven't done it
personally, only heard of it happening to other people, and not
recently.

Aron