On Tuesday 04 April 2006 01:05, m h wrote:
> This isn't meant as flamebait.  I'm running stable on my laptop and
> unstable on my desktop.  It seems like most KDE release get better
> over time, so I'm just wondering what the process is with KDE?
KDE 3.5.0 was quite broken -and required more patches than usual to get to an
usable state-, KDE 3.5.1 was a bit better but stills some patches were
needed, KDE 3.5.2 is in portage since less than a month, and already had a
few patches with revbumps to few memleaks and crashes, a new kdelibs revbump
is also planned, and umbrello 3.5.2 is regressed compared to 3.5.1 (that
still, vanilla, wasn't usable for activity diagrams at all).

That said, I doubt we can have anything stable in less that another month or
even two.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE