On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 17:48:12 +0200,
Fabian Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to have bookmarks for my most used documentation in my
> browser.

Yup, me too. See bug #67130.

The feature is optional (you have to set DOC_SYMLINKS_DIR in make.conf).
Symlinks are autocreated when there is an "html" subdir in the package
doc dir. If an ebuild wants to force creation of a symlink to another
target, it can set the $HTMLDOC_DIR variable.
By default, the symlink name is simply the package name. A suffix is
added if the package is a non-zero $SLOT. And again, ebuilds can force
this name to something else, by setting $DOC_SYMLINK_NAME.

--
TGL.