foser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 02:54 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > cccc-3.1.4 now in portage
>
> Why did you add that, without adding metadata ? That is just wrong.
>
> It is better to remove it if there is no maintainer, you upping it
> without adding yourself as maintainer is no form of maintenance. This is
> exactly why we get complaints about a stale tree.
>
> I still say it should be removed in 30 days.

I agree.  There is a lot of stuff that suffers from being unmaintained,
and I think we should strive towards cleaning that up.  It helps no one
if there isn't anyone to claim responsibility for the package when there
is a problem.

Just my 2 cents,

--
Mark Loeser   -   Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
email         -   halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org