Hello.

IMO the very important element of gentoo user relations that is absent at w.g.o is search field! Gentoo does not have good searching point.

Each time I encounter bug/problem before asking for help if I'm a good boy I have to search for solution in different places: forums, mailing lists, bugzilla. If I heard that gentoo has some feature and I'd like to find some relevant information, I have to search forums, mailing lists, wiki, google. That is really uncomfortable. I have to open many different search pages in my browser and cut and paste my search pattern there, wait many times for results... And now pretend first day user..!

This omission really disturbs. So just some notes, on what IMO shall be done. Search should spread among all gentoo projects, subprojects, ml, blogs and etc. Search should be customized (fex, I'd like to search only -user mailing list, Assistance forums, and bugs.g.o). It's good idea to save searches (like save searches in bugzilla). BTW. There were already suggestions with working implementations:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/33296

Peter.