Matthew Gaule posted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, excerpted
below,  on Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:55:13 +0000:

> Could a simple USE flag (Such as "branding") be implemented, which if set,
> will pull in and configure gentoo themes when a package is compiled?  This
> could be unset by default, meaning most users would not be effected by
> this.

If the suggestion is to be taken, perhaps "gentoo-branding" would be a
clearer USE flag?  Simply "branding" to me indicates upstream branding,
say all the things necessary to have a real Firefox (TM) registered
browser, icon and theming complete as upstream, instead of the Gentoo
version with various (unapproved upstream) Gentoo patches.

In theory, people should read the USE description, but I don't think we
need a repeat of the gtk/gtk2 confusion. =8^P