On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:29:58 +0200
George Shapovalov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Friday, 28. April 2006 21:20, Kevin F. Quinn (Gentoo) wrote:
> > 3) A herd does not have an email address - it's not a person or
> > group of people so an email address is nonsensical.
> 3a) A herd has an associated alias
> 3b) Individual developers add yourself (explicitly or get added by
> means of herds.xml (gentoo module in cvs, under misc)) to this alias.

I thought this was the whole point of seemant's original message - it
is projects or teams that have a mail alias.  Some herds happen to have
the same name as a project or team, but it's the team that you email,
not the herd. It doesn't make sense to email a herd, any more than it
makes sense to send email to an ebuild. It does however make sense to
email the maintainer of a herd, in the same way as it makes sense to
email the maintainer of an ebuild.

--
Kevin F. Quinn