On Thursday 18 May 2006 19:20, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
> On Thursday 18 May 2006 20:02, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> >It's kinda like this:
>
> Stop making such odd and wrong comparisons. The package manager is part of
> what defines a distribution, choosing a shell is the users choice. If you
> want to make the package manager matter of choice, start your own
> distribution.

Yes, part of it. baselayout is another part - and yet it's possible to run
Gentoo on other variants like initng, daemontools and no doubt others. I
believe that embedded doesn't use baselayout as such because we rely on bash
and they rely on busybox. But last time I checked it was still Gentoo.

Or are you saying that SUSE is RedHat as they use RPM?

--
Roy Marples <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)