Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Additionally, if the developer uses the singular primary key for a lot of
> stuff, it is more vulnerable to attack.
>
> <opinion>
> Instead, the developer should create a subkey that is used for signing Gentoo
> work only. They should not sign anything else with this, including their
> Gentoo
> email.
>
> They may have an additional subkey for signing their Gentoo email if they
> wish.
> </opinion>

I don't know much about cryptography, but could you please elaborate on
why is using one subkey for all the stuff considered a Bad Thing?

> UID signatures:
> ---------------
> As I wrote last year, these may take several forms.
> We are concerned with several properties that they may have:
>
> Expiry dates of signatures:
> Unlike expiry dates of cryptokeys, these may not be changed - by default, they
> take on the expiry date of the certifying cryptokey, although a lower value
> may be
> set. If you have an existing signature that has expired, you need to get your
> uid signed again.

Off-topic question - I've already met Alice, verified her identity,
signed her keys and now she wants me to sign her new subkey with same
name, e-mail etc because the old one has expired. Alice lives in Canada
so I can't meet her easily. Should I sign it again with the same level
of "trust"?

Another situation - Bob, Alice's boyfriend, lives in Canada. I've met
him before, verified his identity and signed his subkey for
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Now he wants my signature for [EMAIL PROTECTED] Should I
sign it?

Cheers,
-jkt

--