Brian Harring wrote:

> Commented in #-security about it, but any reason that arches don't yank
> their keywords from insecure ebuilds after they've stabled a
> replacement?

Brian,

I asked about this VERY same thing a long while back and at best I
received "Because person X said no." So you ask X and they say the
person that sent you to them said no.

The only argument against it was that it'd break the depend tree if
package Y depends on version <=0.99 of package X and versions > 1.0 of X
are vulnerability free.

My opinion is "snap, crackle, and pop"... let the tree break. But better
yet... figure out what depends on package X <=1.0 and p.mask it.

--
Doug Goldstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/