On Wednesday 24 May 2006 07:42, Jakub Moc wrote:
> Please, make portage spit out the errors in English by *default* to not
> waste people's time. If someone insists on overriding it, then let them
> do it in make.conf

and where do you propose we document said override ?  in the locale guide ?
then the only we've accomplished is making users set the samething in two
different places

or perhaps we obscure it in a manpage (or even better, dont document it at
all) ?  then we field bugs/forums/mailing lists with confused users who cant
get portage output in their native language

just get Chris White to update his little bugzilla document with some steps on
how to get english output and we close bugs as NEEDINFO telling them to
review the document and open with the proper information
-mike