On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 20:30 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Daniel Drake wrote:
> > 1. We encourage our students to write about their projects on weblogs,
> > and will set them up temporary weblogs at gentoo-soc.com if they do not
> > have them already
>
> Why a new domain? We've already got a blog setup at
> http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/ and could just add
> http://planet.gentoo.org/summerofcode/ or something. If you want
> something like this, why not (soc|summerofcode).gentoo.org/?

The worry there was whether it would create controversy if they were
hosted with other developer blogs, so we figured we'd host the actual
blogs off-site (should irk less people, although presumably most will
already have external blogs already) and just aggregate them on
planet/universe (hopefully).

Christel