The options are just :
1) local flags  or
2) expanded var.
3) I've also tried to reuse the "LINGUAS" expanded flag but is something
hackish: not enogh control to the ebuild,
people in foreign country can do nothing, there are some issues for
country with non-exclusive language
(think about switzerland, reunion island or south africa.....).

I happily let you choose which way is the best,please do it fast....

mattepiu