Hi,

today I would like to propose a few default keywords for removal. They are
outdated and no longer needed on current systems:

-apm - only very old notebooks use apm
-foomaticdb - foomaticdb is only used for development foomatic xml files.
SInce most of our users do not develop printer drivers I suggest
making "ppds" a default use flag instead.

-fortran - Do we really need this outdated language as a default in gcc?
-imlib - imlib depends on gtk-1, which imo should not be installed in a
default gentoo installation - there should be no legacy depends for a plain
emerge kde.

-motif - is unmaintained in portage and rather outdated, does not look good.
Should not be default for optional interfaces
-oss - oss is a legacy audio interface that has been superseeded by alsa in
most current installs, a default use flag is no longer needed
-xmms - xmms depends on gtk-1 and has been superseeded by audacious/bmpx

I would like to make the changes in a new 2006.1 profile, how do I go about
that? I think the current profiles should not be touched, since some users
may still be using the flags.

Any comments/objections - any outdated useflags I forgot?
Have a look at /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2006.0/make.defaults
for the list of current default use flags.

Regards,
Stefan