Grant Goodyear wrote:
Stefan Schweizer wrote: [Wed Jun 07 2006, 07:42:03PM CDT]

Initially jokey and myself will be working on this. The current focus is to
migrate ebuilds from bugzilla into the overlay and to get contributors to
commit their changes to the overlay instead of updating the bugzilla every
time.

I'm not opposed to what would essentially be an overlay of
maintainier-wanted ebuilds, but I would actually prefer to see that
happen by pulling from the bugzilla database instead of trying to
replace bugzilla altogether.  My reasoning is that bugzilla provides a
place for community development of an ebuild (including commentary!),
which would not be true of just the overlay.  If one were instead to add
a magical bugs whiteboard status or keyword that let a script know that
there's an ebuild to pull from bugzilla that should be added to the
there-be-dragons-here overlay, I'd think that would make life
much simpler for everybody.

-g2boojum-

FYI I've been tinkering with something similar using gentoo-bugger, but I haven't had time to work on it recently.