On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 06:31:43PM -0400, Peter wrote:
> And, for me again as a user, using a gentoo-hosted overlay is preferable
> to a third party repository. This is a personal bias on my part -- and
> maybe unwarranted.

This is actually my main concern with the Sunrice project. You say you
would prefer a gentoo-hosted overlay to a third party repository. Why
is that? I can only assume it's because you think "hey, it's
officially endorsed by Gentoo, the same people who maintain the other
official ebuilds - so it must be ok".

I suspect most users will think similar and will come yelling at us,
or even worse - at upstream, when something in this overlay breaks and
leaves their computer as expensive paper weight (at least until
they've formattet and started over).

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd