Hello,

Recently I converted my system to use unicode support. I used the
unicode upgrade guide for that.
Now some few updates later, I get errors for missing locales.
But I have my LINGUAS configured right.
Now I noticed the new /etc/locales.build wich I configured.
But nothing changed.

Looking at the unicode upgrade guide again, I noticed the reference to
the Gentoo Localisation Guide. This tells me to add a none existing USE
flag userlocales. It is not described any where. Also emerge world -NuD
does not change on userlocales or -userlocales.

Am I wrong, or is the documentation wrong?

Also locale -a tells me
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory
POSIX
de_DE
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
en_HK
en_PH
en_US
en_US.utf8
es_MX
fa_IR
fr_FR
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
it_IT
ja_JP
ja_JP.eucjp
ja_JP.utf8

probably because NL_nl.UTF-8 is not build anymore?

But, my LINGUAS has only "nl en",
why do I have de, es, fa, fr, it and ja locales and not nl?

Mivz