Alin Nastac wrote:
I find "active devs" metric a useful one.Until a year ago, the number of
active devs was linearly rising, but in last year we seem to hit a ceil
(175) - either recruiter team is understaffed or our organization
reached the maximum number of individuals who can work together without
stepping (too much) on each other toes. Anyway, a thing is certain...
Gentoo didn't loosed dev's attention.

Was it on planet.g.o where i read something about Dunbar's number[1]? A highly interesting subject and it might be possible that the "Monkeyspheres" of Gentoo devs do not overlap sufficiently.

There is only one solution to this problem: You need to go out and get drunk together! ;)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar%27s_number