Am Freitag, 28. Juli 2006 10:18 schrieb Stefan Schweizer:
> Hi
>
> we currently have both webdav and nowebdav ueflags, this is
> confusing:
>
> # grep webdav /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc
> dev-util/git:webdav - Adds support for push'ing to HTTP repositories
> via DAV dev-util/subversion:nowebdav - Disables WebDAV support via
> neon library net-misc/sitecopy:webdav - Enable WebDav (Web-based
> Distributed Authoring and Versioning) support.  This system allows
> users to collaborate on websites using a web based interface.  See
> the ebuild for an FAQ page. Enables neon as well to handle webdav
> support.
> www-apps/open-xchange:webdav - Enable WebDav (Web-based Distributed
> Authoring and Versioning) support.
> www-servers/lighttpd:webdav - Enables webdev properties
>
> The proposed solution is to make webdav a global useflag and set it
> as a default use flag to have the same effect as the current nowebdav
> use flag in subversion.

5 packages, and only one has nowebdav, and you want to make it a default
USE flag? I strongly disagree here. Make it a plain useflag and notify
users of subversion that the behaviour changed. Much better than
informing users of the other 4 packages that the behaviour changed.

Danny
--
Danny van Dyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo/AMD64 Project, Gentoo Scientific Project