Alec Warner wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm misreading here, I'm not advocating we dump older
gcc versions.  Moreso I'm advocating we dump code that doesn't compile
with newer gcc/toolchain versions that no one is willing to fix.  We
have had devs in the past bring in far too many packages and then just
leave, so half of them get picked up by other devs, and the other half
sit there and rot.  Mostly once again, maintainer-needed packages :0

Sorry, for some reason I reversed the entire meaning of your message to refer to packages that build with the current toolchain but not an older one. I blame the hangover and the strangely persuasive goat people.

Right now I'm in the middle (well, okay, maybe first quarter) of getting everything in stable working with GCC-4.1.1. If (when) I encounter anything that makes me run away arms flailing in horror I will be happy to CC tree-cleaners (misery loves company) ;).

--de.