On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 12:04:01PM -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> >On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 17:35:32 +0200 "Kevin F. Quinn"
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >| USE="test" is a workaround; portage cannot use FEATUREs in
> >dep
> >| strings.
> >
> >Actually, it could, if anyone ever got around to adding
> >FEATURES to
> >USE_EXPAND...
> >

> We would do lots of things; that doesn't mean we should ;)

s/would/could/ ? Anyway, sure, there's plenty of things we could do
that we shouldn't. Forcing a hack by users (USE=test) when a hack by
devs is available is one such thing, in my opinion. Yes, I'm aware
that relevant people think FEATURES in USE_EXPAND is a bad idea, and
I'm not sure I disagree. I think as a temporary workaround until a
clean fix is available, it beats the current situation, though.