* Thomas Cort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

<snip>

> $ grep minimal /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc
> minimal - Install a very minimal build (disables, for example, plugins,
> fonts, most drivers, non-critical features)

Very vague.
The user has to take a deep look into the ebuilt and the binary
package to see what's actually inside.

And if you just use this one flag for the whole monolithic
Xorg tree, you'll loose the ability to install just what's needed.
There has to be an frontline somewhere, and its only *one* line.
So you have to make a decision, where it actually is.
No matter where you define it, in most situations you will have
to install much much more than really necessary. Either the minimal
variant is too big that it doesn't save much, or it is too small
that you'll need the whole thing.

I think, modularized Xorg, as we have today, is far much better
than the old monolithic thing.

cu